Thursday, January 05, 2012

Petite Fashion Challenge #12



The Challenge:

From Night to Day: Restyle a glamorous look that you would typically wear for a night-out-on-the-town into daytime casual wear. Easy right? Bonus points if you can restyle it for work! 


I chose my sequined skirt to style for casual/work wear. I gotta be honest, I probably wouldn't wear this outfit for a casual day - sequined skirts just aren't super baby-friendly. I would wear it to work or church, though. 


 I paired the skirt with black leggings and wedge boots, a tank and cardigan, and a belt to bring it all together and give me some shape. I chose the cardigan for its length, in order to protect the skirt for daytime wear. If I am sitting down, standing up, getting in and out of the car, carrying groceries, carrying Luke, etc, I would hate for the sequins to snag on something - this is a piece that I want to last for a long time.


 It was freezing out, but I took off my coat for a few minutes so that I could share the outfit underneath.


I love how the sequins shine in the morning light!



Earrings: Francesca's
Cardigan: Express
Tank: Maurice's
Belt: Ann Taylor
Skirt: LOFT
Leggings: Francesca's
Boots: Mudd (via Kohls - another of my new boot purchases)

Check out the other entires at I Am Khatu


15 comments:

  1. Love the sequins! And the coat with those awesome lapels makes it extra chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! All these gorgeous sparkly skirts tonight! So beautiful. You've pulled together a very hip look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your coat. Just curious, where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your black and burgundy color combination. Very chic color pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the way you restyled your sequin skirt. I also love that it's appropriate to wear sequined skirts in the daytime these days--who doesn't need some sequins to glam up their day? Your hair looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nice comments! The coat is from Old Navy a few years ago. They are offering a similar one this year. Check it out if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost tried to style the same skirt for this challenge but chickened out. You pulled it off flawlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the rich colors in this outfit, they look gorgeous on you. I esp. love the sparkles on the skirt ;) You are gorgeous my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your sequin skirt is pretty in the daylight! Love the brown and black color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, you have a baby too? How old? My lil gal is 3 months old :) I agree with everyone - love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the outfit. Love the boots and sequin dress. Everyone is wearing sequins!I think I need to buy myself some.

    myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agreed with everyone. The color combination is gorgerous. Cute boots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that sweater! I need to put more holes in my skinny belts so that they cinche tighter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this color palette - like Kelly said, very chic. Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh you did a great job! Sequins were on a lot of people's minds for this PFC :) The first shot is so glam, I love it!

    ReplyDelete